Monday, March 27, 2017

If in Distress...

"From my distress I called upon the Lord;
The Lord answered me and set me in a large place."
(Psalm 118: 5 NASB)

When we find our selves in dire needs are we to call upon those in the world to help us? 
Those in the world may mean well, but will usually let us down. God will never let us down. 
The psalmist continues in verse 6 to say, "The Lord is for me; I will not fear; What can man do to me?"
We can see here that man himself was not a help, but in this case an enemy of the psalmist. 
Jumping to verses 8 and 9 he stated that it was better to put your trust in the Lord and rely on Him for your protection rather than trusting in man or princes.
So now whom do we call upon when we find ourselves in insurmountable problems? We call upon the Lord!

Thank You Lord for always being just a shout away. Thank you for always knowing our every need before we even present it to you. You are so faithful. We love you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment